Toddler 1 Room
The Toddler 1 Classroom has a safe, defined environment that includes a calm space for quiet, independent play. Free exploration of their play space encourages imagination, creativity, and independence. In this room, teachers observe and play with children once invited into their play. Teachers support developmental progress by implementing activities on a daily basis that support the following developmental domains:
- Physical (Gross & fine Motor)
- Social-Emotional (Interaction, Cooperation, Self-Confidence, Sense of Community)
- Sensory (Sight, Touch, Smell, Hearing, Taste, Vestibular, Proprioception)
- Cognitive (Problem-Solving, Abstract Thinking, Learning)
- Communication (Expressive, Receptive, Pragmatic Language)
Our Toilet Learning Policy
At Trinity Lutheran Early Childhood Center, we strive to teach a foundation of basic life skills to equip our children to be confident and independent. Part of that is toilet learning.
At Trinity ECC, a child that is CONFIDENTLY toilet-learned exhibits the following:
- No consistent accidents (accident-free for one month)
- No pull-up required for nap
- Can verbalize the need to use the bathroom
- Is able to delay using the bathroom if needed
- Is able to wipe themselves
Read the full policy here. A meeting with the director, teachers, and parents is required so that all caregivers are on the same page.